Thursday, June 2, 2016

Helping Someone

   Has there ever been a time when you helped someone?  I have.  It was one of those sad and heartbreaking days.
   It started when I woke up at 6:37am.  That's when I saw my pet gerbil was dead.  It was as still as a statue.  I was so horrified by the unbearable sight I cried like a baby.
   Shortly after, my mother and aunt appeared from the counter.  Just then my mom admitted she accidentally killed the gerbil.  "I am very ashamed," she said.  I was stunned by these words.
   When I came home that afternoon, I ran to the lifeless pet,  Minutes later, my aunt and I were in the backyard digging a ginormous hole into the dry crusty earth.  Then we gently placed our little friend into the hole.
   In every story there is a moral or lesson.  In this particular story the lesson is "If you can't help a human at least help an animal."