Thursday, June 2, 2016

Going to Cambodia

   Has there ever been a special place that you wanted to go with your family?  I have always wanted to visit Cambodia with my family.  I have always dreamt of visiting my dads birthplace, trying new foods, and smelling exotic herbs.
   One reason I would like to go is to visit my dads birthplace.  I think it would be nice to see where he was born.  I could also observe how people crack open coconuts.  It would be very educational to see the process that farmers use to harvest rice.
   The first thing I want to do is eat the food my dad grew up eating.  One recipe I would like to savor is homemade chicken soup.  A common seasoning Cambodians use is lemon skin.  Chicken soup with many kind of herbs is a common meal for farmers.
   Another objective I would like to accomplish is smelling the exotic herbs.  You can't find them anywhere else because they are only native to Cambodia.  Some special herbs are used as health remedies.  When I leave Cambodia, I will bring a dried pressed flower as a souvenir.
   For me, Cambodia is  special place to visit with my family. Three activities I could accomplish are visiting my dad's birthplace, eating new foods, and smelling exotic herbs.  Therefore when I am older, I hope to save enough money to visit this fantastic country of Cambodia.